Everyone can agree that 2020 was a very difficult year; the pandemic forced us all
to spend more time in our homes than ever before. This renewed focus on our
living space resulted in a new appreciation of the way our surroundings affect us.
With more family members working and studying from home, the bedroom offers
a personal sanctuary in which to relax and refresh. Making a few simple changes
can transform your bedroom into a personal retreat to be enjoyed any time of the
New Trends for Bedrooms
• Canopy Beds – A focal piece for the room, modern canopy beds are open
• Headboards – Headboards are a simple way to update a look without
taking up space; add some pattern or texture to the room.
• Comfortable Furniture – Consider adding a comfy chair where you can sink
in with a good book or favorite movie.
• Paint for Relaxation – Proven to be one of the most relaxing colors, create
a calming environment by painting the walls your favorite shade of green.
• Mood Lighting –Under-bed lighting and smart bulbs that dim can help set
the mood and transition the bedroom as a space to use during the day or at
Finally, you can freshen the look of the room by exchanging bedding, area rugs,
and cabinet hardware with modern styles and natural materials. Simple changes
can encourage you to take a break from distractions, escape the stresses of
working or learning from home, and rest in your beautiful bedroom.