Now that warmer weather is upon us, the focus turns to the outdoor space of our home. As
Americans spend more and more of their time at home, this might be the perfect time to
invest in a new pool or pool remodel. Here are 5 trends in pool design for 2020.
1. Natural Pools – As more of us consider the effect of chemicals on our health, more pool
owners are installing natural pools. These pools are built to resemble a natural pond
with boulders, waterfalls, and plants which filter the water naturally. The pool is filled
with filtered water and maintained in an organic filtration process using gravel and
2. Saltwater Pools – Another way to avoid chlorine is by installing a saltwater pool. These
pools use a salt-chlorine generator to provide residue-free water and this process has
been growing in popularity for over a decade.
3. Tanning Ledges – Also known as a Baja shelf, or sun shelf, a tanning ledge is a shallow
shelf that allows you to stay cool while still enjoying the sun.
4. Rimless Infinity Pools – Infinity pools have been enjoyed at expensive resorts and spas
for years, and more homeowners are now opting to include these beauties in their own
5. Custom Fit Pools – As yards get smaller, the pre-formed pools are no longer practical.
Almost any yard can fit a pool by having a custom pool designed to fit the space.
Summertime is pool time. As 2020 requires more of us to stay home, a new or remodeled
swimming pool is a great way to enjoy our own backyards.