Crafting the perfect lifestyle is about more than just the size of the kitchen or space in the backyard. The community in which the home is located is almost as important to the quality of life as the home itself. As more and more properties are developed in master-planned communities, the home buyer is accustomed to considering neighborhood amenities as part of the package. Here are the most popular community amenities in 2019.
- Parks and Green Space – Topping the list of desired amenities is green space. Studies show that as home buyers seek smaller square footage, they also are seeking outdoor space from the neighborhood.
- Trail Systems – Along the same lines as green space and parks is the desire for trails throughout the community. Homebuyers are interested in both paved and natural trails for walking, hiking or biking.
- Resort Style Pool and Clubs – Pools and clubhouses have become more elaborate over the past decade and homebuyers expect their community pool to feel like a vacation spot in style, size, and extras, such as towel service and snack bars.
- World Class Gyms and Courts – Most Popular Community Amenities Exercise rooms and courts are also expected to rival the best-paid clubs in the area.
- Main Street Village Centers – As developers create their neighborhoods, daily necessities must be readily available. Artfully designing the shopping area to include a main street feel is a huge plus to home buyers.
Lifestyle is a complete package. With the appeal of smaller homes and no maintenance properties, home buyers are seeking the extra space in their communities, replacing large private yards with community space and amenities.